Monday 24 October 2011

See you later.


I'm writing this post for Fion this time. This is so that she has something to read while she's waiting to change flights from Japan, and perhaps it will give her some comfort during her travels.

I love you I love you I love you. I wanted to tell you that before you left, but at that point I was too choked up to even blurt it out in an understandable fashion. Getting your luggage checked in, repacking your overweight luggage, walking toward the gates--it was all okay, no tears, no blubbering sentimental scenes; we were cool as cucumbers. Now, basking in the last few minutes we had to spend with the trio in full attendance was just too sad. I blubbered...and then we all did as the Niagara falls does.

Seeing you put your brave face on, walking toward the gate with your luggage in hand was heartbreaking. You tell me that you broke down as you watched our backs turn and leave you, my friend, we were also crying for leaving without you. Telling us "Please don't forget me, Please keep in touch...", how could we ever forget you when having you be part of our lives is such a natural act? Don't you realize the importance you have in us?

You will do fine. You will find new, and even special friends. You are the type of person that people like to approach. Have you not noticed that there are so many people revolving around you? Don't give me the "but they aren't all true friends" shit =) they all made the effort to see you before you left--I'd have to say that makes them pretty damn good friends. Next you'll be thinking "You guys are so good to me, I'm such a bad friend"...now really...if that was the case why the hell did we salt our faces with tears when you left? Silly girl. You must be one special person to create such an embarrassing scene at the airport. The embarrassing tear-jerking scenes weren't completely finished when we left the airport either--it continued the whole car ride home when we were reading your letter. Even now as I write this post for you, my heart is still aching.

Now I just want to take the time to thank you for the two letters you wrote to me. They were beautiful. Thank you for the "remember-when-game", the flashbacks, and the apologies. I was touched at everything you had to say. I'm so thankful that you're a part of my life. Please don't cry =) your new adventure is starting. Soon Cherie will leave and start her adventure as well, I just know that both of you will take things in stride and make the best of everything. This is it for now, we'll save the rest for skype.

See you later <3



No comments:

Post a Comment