Monday 17 October 2011

Keychains.


It's slowly becoming more real. Packing clothes away, sifting through the junk and the memories. The number of garbage bags keep increasing, sitting all in a line ready for their next destination. Clothing and trinkets strewn all over the floor, ritz cheesy crackers passed back and forth. So this is what packing to leave feels like.

Helping Fion get ready reminded me that in 6 days there would be no more random Harry Potter marathon nights, or late night shopping for munchies (which always included icecream), on-the-spurr mall dates, and happy hour karaoke nights. Today was only the first day of packing, already I felt a tugging in my chest in anticipation of the due date.

We took a break in the afternoon to clean off the dust bunnies from our clothes. Sitting on the edge of her bed I painted my nails and drank orange juice while she figured what to do with her car. How many more opportunities will we have to enjoy this kind of peaceful interaction with each other?

Last night the 3 of us watched HP again, all of our feet under the blankets propped up on Cherie's cardboard boxes. It was great, it was warm, and I was happy. Fion would squeal when Harry or her other HP character lovers appeared, and Cherie would express her preference for Draco. When we were packing for Fion today we found her old copies of HP, and later I rummaged through my basement for mine.

While I looked for my lost copy, I found something you girls would be happy to see. I was ecstatic. I'm no longer the traitor who lost her keychain. Now our little Keychain memento is complete.

I just thought you girls would like to know.

<3

1 comment:

  1. I should have read the post as soon as you said you were writing one! I am so happy you found the keychain! Now all of us "chains" can reunite Friday! And I cried,,, I am going to cry like crazy when I see you girls again Friday. This is sad. And it's love. Thank you girls for helping me pack these past couple of days. Only you two would do this for me.

    <3

    ReplyDelete